With Mardi Gras 2017 upon us we wanted to share one of our all time favorite rotisserie chicken recipes, Cajun Rubbed Rotisserie Chicken!
A dry rub is a great, versatile way to add flavor to your meat. It can consist of any combination of herbs and spices. In this recipe we made a delicious dry Cajun-inspired rub. Dry rubs can actually be used to marinate meat as well! Simply coat the meat with the rub of your choice and let it marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Or, it can sit on the counter for up to an hour to soak in the flavors of the rub.
Whether you choose a dry rub or marinade for your rotisserie chicken recipe, be sure to use your Ronco Rotisserie for perfect rotisserie chicken every time.
Cajun Rubbed Rotisserie Chicken
- 5-½ pound chicken
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 pats of butter
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Thyme – 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Dry mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne powder – ½ to 1 teaspoon- depending on how spicy you like it
- Rinse and completely dry chicken
- Trim off any extra fat
- Combine all rub herbs and spices
- Rub chicken thoroughly with rub
- Stuff the cavity with ½ onion and a couple pats of butter
- Truss (tie) your chicken by securing wings and legs to body with rotisserie ties- (It really doesn’t matter how you truss your chicken- the important thing is to secure the wings and legs to the body.)
- Place chicken onto spit rods and cook for 15 minutes per pound, making sure your chicken reaches at least 165°F
- Set your rotisserie to no heat rotate for 10 minutes allowing your chicken to come to 175° F and resting
Serve with your favorite Cajun sides!
Watch the recipe video HERE:
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez