Here’s a flavor-packed recipe to try in your Ronco Ready Grill. It’s quick, easy and feeds a crowd. Chimichurri Sauce is a delicious Argentinian Sauce that pairs perfectly with a traditional steak a la parrilla.
Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes Marinate: 2 hours to overnight Cook: 25 minutes Serves: 4-6
• 2 pound 1 inch thick flat iron steak
• ½ cup olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves crushed
• 1 Medium Onion Thinly Sliced
• 1 Tablespoon Thyme
• 1 Tablespoon Oregano
• ¼ cup Sherry Vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon Cracked Black pepper
• 1/8 cup olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon Sweet smoked Spanish paprika
• ½ Teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder
• 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
• 1 Cup Fresh Parsley
• 4 Large garlic cloves- peeled
• 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
• 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Spanish paprika
• 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• ½ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
1. In large Ziploc bag, combine: ½ cup olive oil, 2 garlic cloves crushed, 1 chopped onion, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 tablespoon oregano, ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper. Close bag completely and shake to combine marinade. Place steak in bag, press out excess air and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24.
2. when ready to grill, remove from marinade and place on Ready Grill insert.
3. Combine: 1/8 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika, ½ Teaspoon granulated garlic powder to make rub in a small bowl. Rub the combined rub on both sides of flat iron steak.
4. Place steak in preheated grill and cook for 18-20 minutes for Medium Rare up t0 30 minutes medium well.
5. While Steak is cooking, Prepare Chimichurri Sauce. In a food processor or blender, pulse 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1 cup fresh parsley, 4 large garlic cloves- peeled, 2 tablespoons chopped red onion to puree. Add to processor: 1 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika, 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar. Pulse to blend all ingredients together to a thick sauce with no chunks.
6. When Steak is cooked to desired temperature, remove from Ready Grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak into ½ inch slices and serve with chimichurri sauce.
Tip: chimichurri sauce will hold in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Use extra sauce for marinade, seafood sauce or stir into ranch dressing for a fresh dip.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez