With Valentines day around the corner now’s the time to make those reservations….at home! Why not skip the over priced, crowded restaurant this year and impress your valentine with this quick, easy and elegant dinner for 2 in under 30 minutes in your Ronco Ready grill.
Ready Grill Valentines Dinner For 2
Herb and Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Jumbo Gulf Shrimp
- 2 9-10oz center cut Filet Mignon steaks
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2-3 fresh sprigs of rosemary
- 1-2 tablespoons of mixed color peppercorns
- Sea Salt to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 10-16 stalks of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lemon cut in half with the ends trimmed off
- 10-12 Extra Jumbo Shrimp (we used 16/20s but any size will do)
- 1 cup of hot water
- Juice of half of lemon
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Pinch of peppercorns
To prepare steaks:
- Peel and de-vein shrimp (if you did not purchase them already cleaned)
- Remove leaves of thyme and rosemary from stalk and dice
- Coarsely chop peppercorns and mix with chopped herbs, place mixture onto small plate.
- Spray filets with a touch of olive oil and crust both sides of both steaks with the herb and pepper mixture place on to Ready Grill insert. Salt both sides of steak to taste.
- Place asparagus stalks and lemons on to of Ready Grill insert as pictured. Season the asparagus and lemons with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks for 22-28 minutes depending on how well you want them cooked. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To prepare shrimp:
- Place one cup of hot water into steamer basket, add 1 teaspoon of old bay seasoning, juice of half of a lemon and a pinch of peppercorns.
- Place black steamer insert into basket and top with shrimp.
- Close basket and place onto Ready Grill.
- Depending on how hot your water is and the size of the shrimp they will take 12-16 minutes to steam. Shrimp will be firm, turn pink, and slightly opaque when cooked correctly. When they are done quickly remove them from the steamer basket to not over cook.
To serve top filets with shrimp serve with warm lemon and asparagus and melted butter.
To prepare dessert kabobs:
I like to prepare the dessert kabobs ahead of time while the steaks are cooking and grill them right before we are ready for dessert.
- 8 brownie bites
- 2 slices of sponge cake cut into 8 equal squares
- 4 strawberries cut in half
- Coconut oil spray for cake (this is optional but adds a delicious crunchy texture to the grilled cake)
- Chocolate sauce for dipping
- Whipped cream
- Alternate brownie bites, strawberries and sponge cake on kabob rods
- Spray cake with coconut oil (this is optional but adds a delicious crunchy texture to the grilled cake)
- Place kabob rods into multi purpose basket
- When ready for dessert grill dessert kabob for 3-5 minutes. (Check after 3 minutes)
- Serve immediately while still warm with chocolate sauce for dipping and a touch of whipped cream.