Nothing is more comforting than a nice, homemade meal with family. With the Ronco Rotisserie, a family meal of whole, roasted chicken is just a few, easy steps away. This weekend why not treat the family to traditional sit down dinner of Homemade Rotisserie Garlic Herb Chicken?
Homemade Rotisserie Garlic Herb Chicken
- 1 5-6 pound roasting chickens
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6-8 fresh chives
- 1 head of garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter, cut into quarter sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- Remove chicken giblets and neck from cavity. Pat chicken dry completely. Trim off tailbone if desired.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with a head of garlic-broken into cloves, couple of pats of butter and fresh herbs. (This adds flavor while the chicken is cooking, but don’t over-stuff. It will increase the cooking time.)
- Truss chicken to secure legs and wings.
- Rub the skin of the chicken with crushed garlic. Season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on rotisserie rod so that it will rotate lengthwise on its side (not end-over-end). This keeps the herbs from falling out of the chicken as it rotates. Place skewered bird into rotisserie.
- Cook chicken for 15 minutes per pound. Allow chickens to reach 165º F piercing meat between a leg and thigh.
- When fully cooked, set rotisserie to NO HEAT ROTATE, open the door and let chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Remove food ties and serve.
Chef Paja Sanchez