Are you resolved to eat healthier in 2017? Healthier eating doesn’t always mean having to sacrifice flavor and satisfaction. In this recipe we swapped the carb laden pizza crust with zucchini boats to make these Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe has all the flavor, fills you up, gives you a healthy serving of veggies, but doesn’t leave you wanting a nap.
Try these Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Boats in your Ronco Pizza & More oven, believe me you will love them. Having a Ronco Pizza & More oven at home allows you to make healthier recipes & pizza at home! Shop Pizza & More at Ronco.com
Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Boats” difficulty=“Easy” Time=“8-10
Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Boats
- 4 small zucchini, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 24 fresh mozzarella slices (thinly sliced 1/4 inch)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Slice zucchini in half, length wise. Check to see if they lay flat, if not slice a bit of the underside off to make a flat even surface.
- Using a spoon, scoop out about half of each zucchini until you’re left with a ½ thick boat.
- Pat cut side of zucchini dry and season evenly with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of marinara sauce to each zucchini half, leaving just the outer edge of zucchini uncovered.
- Add 3 slices of mozzarella cheese to each zucchini boat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add 3 slices of pepperoni to center of zucchini, as the cheese melts they will spread out a bit.
- Bake in Ronco Pizza and More oven for 8-10 minutes
- Remove tray from Pizza & More oven and allow zucchini boats to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, fresh cracked pepper and fresh chopped basil. Serve warm.