As the calendar turns to a fresh new year many of us are ready for a holiday diet reset. Fish is always one of my favorite healthy go to foods. My absolute favorite way to cook fish is in my Ronco Ready Grill. It’s such a simple and healthy way to prepare any kind of fish fillet. When using the Ready Grill to cook fish, there’s no need to add a bunch of extra cooking oil to a healthy piece of fish, nor do you have to worry that flipping the fish is going to result in fish pieces rather than a nice fillet.
Ready to try fish in your Ready Grill? Here’s a great healthy recipe for a Ready Grill Salmon Nicoise Salad.
A Nicoise salad (a salad of fish and vegetables from the French region of Nice) is a delightfully light lunch or dinner. Using the Ready Grill along with the Ready Grill Steamer Basket to steam your green beans makes this a quick and easy dinner for 4.
Salmon Nicoise Salad
- 4 6oz center cut salmon fillets
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed baby green
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup black olives (nicoise olives are great if you can find them)
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes
French Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 cup olive oil
- Precook potatoes and eggs. Slice both into wedges when cooked.
- To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients except for olive oil in a bowl. Slowly add in olive oil while whisking to incorporate. Set aside
- Preheat Ready Grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets on Ready Grill basket. Spray salmon fillets with a little olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper to taste. Close Ready Grill basket and flip to season and oil other side of fillets.
- Using your Ready Grill Steamer Basket, pour 1 cup hot water into steamer basket, top with black steamer insert and place trimmed and washed green beans onto steamer insert. Place salmon into Ready Grill, top with steamer basket and cook fish and green beans for 14 minutes.
- Remove salmon from Ready Grill and green beans from steamer basket when cooked. Allow both to cool before assembling salads.
- Toss lettuce with French Vinaigrette Dressing and assemble salads. On each plate, arrange 2 cups of mixed greens, 6 tomato halves, one cooked egg cut into wedges, one cooked potato cooked into wedges, several black olives, equal parts green beans and one salmon fillet.
Pair with a French Muscadet Sur Lie for a nice & light white wine pairing.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez