A whole rotisserie chicken is a delicious meal all on its own. It is also makes for a great starting point for many delicious, healthy secondary meals. Every time I decide to make a rotisserie chicken in the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie, I always double up and make two instead of one. Then later on in the week, I have some cooked protein ready for a quick meal…perfect for those nights we are out late or just don’t feel like cooking.
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for Rotisserie Chicken Chili Stew that will be ready in under 30 minutes using a precooked rotisserie chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 14oz can diced Mexican seasoned tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, jalapeño, onions, and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cumin, coriander and chili powder. Continue to sauté for 1 more minute to toast the spices.
- Stir in the chicken stock and lime juice. Bring to a simmer, then add beans, tomatoes (& juices) and corn. Simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm.
Chef Paja Sanchez