Many cultures, particularly Germany and Great Britain have long enjoyed the tradition of serving Brussels Sprouts as part of their Christmas dinner. We here is the U.S. have definitely picked up the affinity for Brussels Sprouts in the last decade or so as well.
Brussels sprouts have been cultivated since the 16th century and are in season from August to March. Pick sprouts that are bright green in color and have tightly packed leaves. These delightful little cruciferous veggies are high in vitamins A and C as well as iron.
Everyone who has prepared a holiday meal knows that having an extra oven or stove top would be a dream, but not really possible. That’s why I turn to two of my favorite Ronco products to help in the kitchen for my holiday dinner cooking. I will delegate the turkey or a fresh ham to my Rotisserie oven, and rely on my Ready Grill for some appetizers and sides. With the addition of these two kitchen warriors, I don’t care if my mother in law opens and closes the oven 12 times to check on her green bean casserole.
This holiday season I’ll be using my Ready Grill for these Lemon & Garlic Charred Brussels Spouts.
Lemon & Garlic Charred Brussels Spouts
PREP: 10 minutes COOK: 8-10 minutes
- 1 ½ lb. Brussels Sprouts, medium to large
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2-teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
1.Trim and clean Brussels Sprouts by cutting off the bottom and peeling off the first 3-4 outer leaves. Cut Brussels Sprouts in half.
2. Put the Brussels Sprouts into medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
3. Preheat your Ronco Ready Grill for 3-4 minutes.
4. Using a slotted spoon, put Brussels Sprouts on the Grill Basket. Set aside your bowl for later. There will still be some liquids left over that will flavor your Brussels Sprouts.
5. Grill Brussels Spouts for 8-10 minutes. When done, they will be browned and have charred edges.
6. Pour the Brussels Sprouts back into your bowl with left over olive oil and spices and toss to season. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Best wishes for a Happy Holiday from our family to yours!