Lamb is always a holiday favorite. However, cooking an expensive cut of lamb can be a bit daunting. This year, use your Ronco Rotisserie and take the guess work out of getting this delicious holiday meal to the table. The Showtime Rotisserie‘s rotating spit evenly roasts and bastes large cuts of meat to tender and juicy perfection. And the best part is, it is so easy. Just load the spit and let the rotisserie do the rest!
Try this Rotisserie Leg of Lamb recipe for your holiday meal. You won’t be disappointed and neither will your guests.
- 5 to 7 pound leg of lamb, bone-in shank or bone removed
- 8-10 garlic cloves, cut in half
- sea salt
- fresh cracked mixed pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon plus a splash of olive oil
- splash of aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Using a sharp thin knife, such as our boning knife, pierce your leg of lamb 16-20 times on all sides. Make the slits about 1-inch deep and wide.
- Chop 8-10 garlic cloves in half. Toss with a splash of good balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pinch of sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Slide 1/2 seasoned garlic clove into each slit.
- Combine 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard in a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Rub all sides of lamb with rosemary Dijon rub.
- Truss lamb with 2-3 Ronco Rotisserie Ties to help the lamb cook evenly and hold its shape while cooking.
- Position lamb onto Rotisserie spits around the center bone.
- Cook lamb 15-18 minutes per pound for medium temperature. Use a meat thermometer for the most accurate indication of desired doneness. 145°F for medium rare, 160°F for medium and 170°F for well done.
- Set Rotisserie to ‘no heat’ rotate for 10-15 minutes to allow lamb to rest & rotate before carving.
Get your own Ronco Rotisserie today and start making these amazing meals for your family!
All the best from us here at Ronco!