With the holiday season in full swing it’s nice to have some quick dinner recipes on hand at the end of a busy day. Using leftover chicken form your favorite Showtime Rotisserie chicken recipe, this flavorful soup couldn’t be easier.
Whenever I make a rotisserie chicken in my Showtime Rotisserie, I will de-bone any extra chicken and save it for leftover rotisserie chicken recipes. You can even freeze any extra chicken to save up and use later!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced-
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño finely diced (optional for spice)
- 64 ounces of boxed or canned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups leftover showtime rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions/scallions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 3 ripe and ready to eat avocados
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a large soup pan over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions and garlic are translucent. If adding jalapeno, do so after onions and garlic are almost ready and saute jalapeño for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth and lime juice and stir to incorporate. Add cumin, white pepper, corn, celery and shredded chicken and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes until warm.
- Turn soup off and add cilantro and green onions. Add salt to taste.
- Serve soup warm garnished with chopped avocado and lime wedges.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez