Looking for a easy to prepare but elegant holiday dessert? Try these beautiful Spiced Red Wine Ready Grilled Pears in your Ronco Ready Grill. Don’t have a Ready Grill? Pick one up at Ronco.com and take advantage of our Ready Grill holiday BOGO offer.
- Peel the pears, slice in half and with a melon baller and remove the seeds.
- Make marinade: in deep sauce pan add bottle red wine, 1 split vanilla bean, dried ginger, allspice, cayenne pepper, cinnamon,bay leaves, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil to dissolve the sugar and incorporate the spices. Remove marinade from heat and add the peeled pears to warm marinade.
- Refrigerate overnight to marinate the pears and to give them a beautiful garnet color.
- When ready to cook the pears prepare the Mascarpone Cream– In a mixing bowl combine; mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, heavy cream, pinch ginger, vanilla extract, and scrape vanilla bean seeds into the mixture. Blend with hand mixer until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Remove the pears from the wine mixture and grill in the Ronco Ready Grill for 8- 12 minutes, or until tender. Cooking time will depend on how ripe pears are.
- Serve warm on some mascarpone cream and with some in the center of the pears.
Chef Paja Sanchez