There’s no doubt that rotisserie chicken is a convenient, quick and easy way to build all kinds of meals… however, as recently highlighted on the Dr. Oz Show (check it out here), store-bought rotisserie chicken is just not as healthy as we wished it was.
But FEAR NOT! Making rotisserie chicken at home is much healthier and way easier than you thought using the Ronco Rotisserie. When you control the ingredients, you can feel good knowing what you’re feeding your family. Plus, if you’re a fan of quick and easy meals, make 2 rotisserie chickens in your Ronco Rotisserie and refrigerate or freeze the leftover chicken for all kinds of rotisserie chicken leftover recipes… like this one; Waldorf Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Crunchy, savory, and full of protein, this classic recipe is the perfect way to use your leftover rotisserie chicken.
Waldorf Rotisserie Salad Sandwich
- 3 cups leftover shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 large granny smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 sandwich rolls
- Place shredded chicken in mixing bowl.
- Using your favorite Ronco Knife, dice apple, half grapes, chop celery and dice red onion.
- Add chopped fruits, veggies, dried cranberries and almonds to shredded chicken.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice and honey. Mix thoroughly with mixing spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of chicken salad to rolls and serve!