You know, sometimes life just calls for dessert. Here’s a dessert that won’t compromise your fitness goals, yet satisfy your sweet tooth. Grilling fruit brings out the natural sugars and intensifies the flavors of the fruit. Next time you want a guilt-free treat, try this Guilt-Free Grilled Pineapple a la Mode recipe in your Ronco Ready Grill.
- 4 pre-cut fresh pineapple rings (found in your grocers produce section)
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 scoops fat free vanilla frozen yogurt
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- drizzle of caramel sauce
- Sprinkle first side of pineapple rings with a bit of sugar.
- Repeat sugar on second side with 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Place onto Ready Grill insert and place in Ready Grill. Cook pineapple for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve grilled pineapple with scoop of fat free vanilla frozen yogurt, a sprinkle pistachios and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez