Don’t you just want one of those fast food chicken sandwiches on occasion? I know I do, so recently we cooked up a slightly healthier* and cheaper version in our new Pizza & More oven.
It takes much less time to cook these frozen chicken patties in the Pizza & More oven than in your standard oven, and with much better results than in the microwave… because who likes soggy chicken?
*As a comparison, 4 fast food chicken sandwiches from a well-known chain restaurant come in at 450 calories each and a cost of $2.99 per sandwich. Ours came in at 375 calories and a cost of $1.12 per sandwich.
Here’s a great way to enjoy those tasty treats at home.
Homemade Fast Food Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 precooked frozen chicken patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- 12-18 pickle slices
- 1-2 pats of butter
- Lightly butter all 8 halves of your hamburger buns and place onto Ronco Pizza & More pan. Cook for about 3 minutes to toast your buns.
- Transfer toasted buns to the warming tray until ready to assemble.
- Place 4 frozen chicken patties onto Ronco Pizza & More pan and set timer for 15-18 minutes.
- Flip patties over 1/2 way through cooking.
- When chicken is cooked to your liking, assemble chicken sandwiches.
So quick and easy, you can make these at home in much less time than it would take to go the drive-through.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez