We here at Ronco always want to simplify your time in the kitchen. We believe that preparing and eating healthy, delicious food doesn’t mean you have to slave over the stove, oven or even grill. For this recipe, we used our indoor countertop grill; the Ready Grill, along with the optional Steamer Basket to create this Grilled Bratwurst with Steamed Dill Sauerkraut in just about 15 minutes.
As an added bonus, this recipe comes in at around 450 calories per 2 brat serving and 3/4 cup serving of sauerkraut… and is low carb.
[Recipe title=”Grilled Bratwurst with Steamed Dill Sauerkraut” time=”15 minutes” Difficuty=”Easy”]
- 3 cups sauerkraut strained (reserve liquid)
- 1 cup reserved sauerkraut liquid
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 tablespoon dill seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped ham
- 8 German Bratwurst
- Drain sauerkraut. Mix drained sauerkraut, dill, dill seed and ham in small bowl.
- Place black steamer insert into Steamer Basket and pour in sauerkraut liquid. Top black steamer insert with sauerkraut dill mixture. Close basket.
- Place bratwurst into Ready Grill, set timer for 15 minutes.
- Place the Steamer Basket onto Ready Grill and cook Bratwurst and Sauerkraut at the same time.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez