Back to school is in full swing around most of the country. Parents everywhere are rejoicing that the house will be a little more organized with the little ones back on schedule. However…it’s also a much busier time of year. Between homework, extra curricular activities and shorter days dinner can sometimes feel stressful and hurried- that’s why I wanted to share some of my quick and easy go to Ready Grill dinner ideas all done in under 25 minutes.
With a Ronco Ready Grill at home it’s always possible to make healthy, quick meals and skip the frozen dinners or drive through. Here’s 5 school night dinner ideas;
- Kabobs are a perfect kid-friendly complete meal, and the best thing is you can design each kabob for each child’s liking. Using the optional kabob rods, prepare them earlier in the day or the night before and leave them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to cook them. Kabobs will take about 12-15 minutes in your Ready Grill. How easy is that?
2. Or how about this easy Chicken Piccata idea? Simply season 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Preheat your Ready Grill for a few minutes, then grill chicken 18-22 minutes. While the chicken is cooking (or even earlier in the day), cook up some pasta and season cooked pasta with a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese and capers… and you have a quick, complete meal.
3. For a really ‘no-fuss’ back to school dinner, try these Bean & Cheese Quesadillas. Load several flour tortillas with some refried beans, cheese, and a bit of salsa. Fold over and load into your Ready Grill with open side facing up. Grill for 4-6 minutes and dinner is ready. As a bonus, these quesadillas can even be eaten on the run.
4. Another quick and easy dinner idea is Dijon Grilled Salmon and Asparagus. I can go to this dinner several times a month and feel good about feeding my family the healthy fish I know they need. Simply brush some salmon fillets with Dijon mustard, sprinkle with a little dried dill, salt and pepper and grill for 12-14 minutes in your Ready Grill along with some fresh asparagus.
5. How about some Italian Sausage Hoagies? Simply preheat your Ready Grill for a few minutes, then toss in some Italian Sausages alongside sweet peppers and onions for about 12-14 minutes. Load sausages and vegetables onto a hoagie bun, top with a little marinara sauce, cheese if you’d like, and there’s a 12-minute dinner.
What’s your favorite quick and easy back to school dinner idea?
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez