Did you know Americans consume approximately 3 billion pizzas a year?! That’s 100 acres of pizza each day, or 350 slices per second… that’s about 23 pounds of pizza for every man, woman and child per year! And a large majority of those pizzas are consumed at home…
That’s why we here at Ronco are so excited to introduce our latest product… the Pizza & More oven. Whether you prefer made from scratch, store-bought frozen, gluten free or reheated delivery pizza… our new Pizza and More oven is the perfect way to cook pizza… (and more)
Here’s one of the delicious pizza recipes we made in ours.
Alfredo Shrimp and Arugula Pizza with Pine Nuts
- 1 can Pillsbury pizza crust® (homemade crust and pre-made crusts such as Boboli® work great too)
- ½ cup canned Alfredo sauce
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb shrimp (medium raw, peeled and de-veined, cut into thirds)
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare crust by stretching to fit Ronco Pizza and More pan. Use fingers to press crust out evenly. Trim or fold any extra crust over to make a pizza crust lip. (You can also use store-bought pizza dough)
- Pour Alfredo sauce onto center of prepared crust. Using a spoon, spread sauce out in a circular motion leaving ½ inch of outer crust uncovered.
- Add mozzarella cheese and top with shrimp, purple onion, mined garlic, pine nuts, red bell pepper, feta and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in Ronco Pizza & More oven 14-20 minutes depending on thickness of crust.
- When pizza is cooked to your liking, remove and top evenly with fresh arugula. Season arugula with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt a pepper to taste.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez