Sometimes, life just calls for dessert! Here’s a great fruit-based dessert that won’t leave you feeling like you need to spend 2 hours at the gym. Grilled in just 12 minutes in the Ready Grill, these Grilled Cinnamon & Caramel Apples are low in calories (compared to other dessert options), fast and easy… sounds like a win win!
This recipe makes for 8 servings… if serving 1/2 an apple per plate. Of course, feel free to only grill one or two apples, depending on the size of your crowd.
[Recipe tittle= “Grilled Cinnamon & Caramel Apples” Difficulty= “So Easy” Time= “12-15 Minutes”]
- 4 medium golden delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- Small pinch salt
- Generous pinch cinnamon
- 8 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (or one scoop per serving)
- Store bought caramel sauce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Cut Apples in half, lengthwise. Core apples. A melon baller works great here.
- Brush the cut and cored faces of the apples with melted butter.
- Add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to sugar, mix toughly
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon-spice mixture. Place apples on the Grill Basket.
- Preheat your Ready Grill for about 3 minutes and grill apples for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and walnuts.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez