The dog days of summer call for fresher, lighter eating. Low in calories and carbs but big on flavor, these Rotisserie Chicken Avocado Summer Rolls made with leftover rotisserie chicken made in your Showtime Rotisserie are a great summer entree.
Rotisserie Chicken Avocado Summer Rolls
Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes (optional to taste)
Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce Instructions
- To make Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce, simply whisk together all ingredients.
- Set aside and make Summer Rolls
Rotisserie Chicken Avocado Summer Roll Ingredients
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups of cooked rotisserie chicken
- 6-8 9inch round sheets of rice paper (It’s good to have a couple extras on hand in case one tears)
- 2 oz uncooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 3rds lengthwise and julianned very thinly into sticks (as a shortcut, we used our Veg-o-Matic Deluxe with the small julianne blade)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3rds lengthwise and julienned very thinly into sticks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3rds lengthwise and julienned very thinly into sticks
- 6 scallions, white ends trimmed by 2 inches and green part cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 12-18 mint leaves
- 6-12 thai basil leaves
- handful of cilantro
Rotisserie Chicken Avocado Summer Roll Instructions
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Cook rice vermicelli to package instructions and drain. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine ¼ cup rice wine vinegar and ½ tablespoon honey. Toss in shredded rotisserie chicken and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Chop all vegetables and place all ingredients that go into the summer rolls in an assembly line to work in a quick and efficient manner.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Working with 1 sheet of rice paper at a time (keep others covered with a barely damp cloth to keep moist), dip the first rice paper in the warm water until slightly softened (about 15 seconds).
- Remove rice paper from water and lay out on a clean cutting board. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Leaving about 1/2-inch clear on edges, lay ¼ cup of cooked rice noodles over the bottom third of the rice paper, top noodles with about ¼ cup chicken, then with 4-6 pieces sliced cucumber, 4-6 pieces sliced celery, 8-10 pieces of carrot, 2 slices of scallion, 2-3 slices purple cabbage, several bean sprouts, several mint, thai basil and cilantro leaves and 1/3 of avocado sliced.
- To fold summer rolls, use water dampened fingers (to prevent sticking). Roll up the rice paper halfway into a cylinder, then fold both edges into the center and tuck while continuing to roll the paper to seal. Place the rolls on a plate covered with a damp towel so they stay moist as you prepare the remaining rolls. Be sure to not allow rolls to touch or they could stick together.Here’s a great instructional video on how to wrap summer rolls from finecooking.com
To store in fridge, place summer rolls in a container lined with a damp paper towel. Make sure rolls are not touching and top with plastic wrap.
Serve with Sesame Soy Dipping Sauce
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez