Sometimes adults want chicken tenders, too! Here’s an Asian inspired twist on the standard deep-fried chicken tenders that doesn’t require a bunch of added fat… but instead relies on bold flavors to satisfy your palate. And, instead of being deep fried, these chicken tenders are grilled in our Ronco Ready Grill for a healthier, yet still crispy chicken tender.
Sesame Ginger Chicken Tenders
- 8 chicken tenders approx. 1.15 pounds
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon granulated dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered onion
- 2 eggs
- 1-tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Ronco Ready Grill
- 3 small kitchen bowls
- Prepare 3 bowls
Bowl # 1. Combine flour with pinch of salt & pepper
Bowl # 2. Whisk egg with a tablespoon of Honey
Bowl # 3. Combine panko breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, orange zest, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and onion powder.
- One at a time, place chicken tenders in the flour. Cover the chicken tender completely with flour. Use a fork or tong to lift the floured chicken breast out of the flour.
- Dip the floured chicken breast into the egg batter using a fork (or hand). Thoroughly coat the chicken with the egg batter.
- Place the floured and egg-battered chicken breast into the panko sesame breadcrumbs. Press breading onto chicken tenders with fingers or spoon to make sure you have a nice coating of panko.
- Place tenders onto Ready Grill Basket and cook in preheated Ready Grill for 15-18 minutes.
Serve with your favorite Asian inspired dipping sauce like peanut sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez