When we celebrate the 4th of July, there will definitely be burgers on the menu!
One of my favorite ways to cook burgers is with our indoor grill.. the Ready Grill. Sometimes it’s just too hot, takes too much time, or is just too much of a fuss to get the outdoor grill going. So, I turn to the trusty Ready Grill!
The Ready Grill prevents greasy back splatter mess, plus it cooks the burgers at a perfect temperature so they are nice an moist on the inside with great texture on the outside. And, as they cook, the excess fat drips off the meat into the drip tray so you don’t have an overly greasy burger.
This BBQ Bacon Avocado Cheddar Bison Burger recipe is a firecracker in our book! The lower fat and calorie content of the bison meat make it OK to add bacon and cheddar cheese 😉
BBQ Bacon Avocado Cheddar Bison Burgers
- 1 pound ground bison meat
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
1. In a mixing bowl, combine: bison meat, panko bread crumbs, egg, minced garlic, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, finely chopped onion, ketchup, bacon bits. Mix thoroughly.
2. Form 4 bison burgers
3. Grill in preheated Ronco Ready Grill for 14-16 minutes
4. Top burgers with a slice of cheddar cheese, avocado and BBQ sauce
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez