Just because it might be raining this holiday weekend doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some delicious grilled steaks, burgers or dogs! With the Ready Grill from Ronco, you’re only minutes away from all those delicious grilled foods without having to step foot outside.
The Ronco Ready Grill is a safe, indoor, smokeless grill that uses infrared technology to quickly and perfectly grill your favorite foods.
Try this elegant, yet easy recipe using your Ronco Ready Grill.
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Brandied Dijon Cream Sauce
- 2 pound 1 inch thick flat iron steak
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1-Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1-Tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1-Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ Tablespoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup dry brandy
- 1-tablespoon demi-glace gold veal and beef (more than gourmet brand found next to the broth at most grocery stores)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, plus reserve 1-2 tablespoons for brushing on steak
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large Ziploc bag or deep bowl, combine to make marinade: olive oil, garlic cloves, thyme, oregano, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, black pepper and kosher salt. Close bag completely and shake to combine marinade. Add steak to marinade, (press out excess air if using Ziploc bag.) Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24.
- Bring Steak to room temperature for about 30 minutes, remove from marinade and place on Ronco Grill insert. Brush one side of steak with about ½ of reserved Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Flip grill inset over and brush with remainder of Dijon and salt and pepper other side.
- Place steak in preheated Ready Grill and cook for 20 minutes for medium rare, 25 minutes for medium and 30 for well done.
- While steak is cooking, prepare Dijon sauce. In sauce pan, sauté chopped shallots and garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat until translucent
- Add ¾ cup brandy and stir in 1-tablespoon demi-glace gold veal and beef stock and bring mixture to boil. Let cook over medium high heat until liquids are reduced by half.
- Turn heat down to medium low and stir in heavy cream. Leave on the heat for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Dijon mustard, taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When steak is cooked to desired temperature, remove from Ready Grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice steak into ½ inch slices and serve with Dijon sauce.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez