Shrimp are a great addition to a healthy diet! They’re naturally low in calories… with a medium shrimp at only 7 calories each, yet they are heavy hitters in the nutritional department. Just five large shrimp (16/20 count) offer 100% of the recommended daily value for selenium, over 75% for vitamin B12, 50% for phosphorous, and 30% for choline, copper, and iodine.
Try this summery dish of Blackened Shrimp Tacos in your Ronco Ready Grill to add some shrimp to tonight’s menu.
Blackened Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 6-8 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1 pound peeled and deveined 16/20 fresh shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup blackened seasoning
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Small bunch of fresh of cilantro- washed stems removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1/8 cup blackened seasoning
- 1 fresh cob of corn
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco
- 4 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 6 flour or 8 corn tortillas
- Make Avocado Cream Sauce; Add avocado, yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and pinch of salt and pepper to food processor- pulse until smooth and creamy.
- With a sharp knife, remove corn from cob.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss peeled and deveined shrimp with tablespoon olive oil to lightly moisten. Add blackened seasoning and toss or stir to coat shrimp with seasoning.
- Place shrimp onto Ready Grill insert and cook for 7-8 minutes- careful to not overcook. Shrimp are done when they are a nice pink hue.
- Assemble Tacos: Equally divide shrimp between tortillas, top with corn, Queso Fresco, chopped tomatoes, chopped white onion, and avocado sauce. Serve with a lime wedge.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez