Have you ever tried juicing watermelon? Using our Smart Juicer to make watermelon juice at home is a great Spring-time treat for the whole family. As an added bonus, watermelon juice is also packed with nutrition!
Some of Watermelon’s benefits:
• Watermelon is hydrating at up to 92 percent water
• Supports Cardiovascular & Bone Health
• Reduces Body Fat (The Amino Acid Citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells)
• Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Support (The carotenoid lycopene in watermelon is exceptionally beneficial in reducing inflammation and neutralizing free radicals)
• Watermelon provides diuretic and kidney support
• Immune Support, Wound Healing and Prevents Cell Damage
• The vitamin C content in watermelon is astoundingly high
• Watermelon is BOTH a fruit and a vegetable
• Supports Muscles and Nerves
• Rich in potassium
• Improves Eye Health
• Watermelon is a wonderful source of beta-carotene
Ingredients to make a whole pitcher of Watermelon Mint Limeade
- 1 small watermelon- about 5-6 pounds
- 2 limes
- 5-6 stalks of fresh mint
- Peel your lime and slice watermelon into chunk-sized pieces that will fit in your juicer chute. Feel free to leave the watermelon rind on for some added vitamins. Or, if you prefer, just use the fruit.
- Have a pitcher ready. Juice your watermelon, limes and mint (have the pour spout closed on the Smart Juicer in order to transfer juice into pitcher).
- Stir your watermelon mint limeade and serve chilled or over ice!
And… with summer right around the corner, let me suggest that you turn this Watermelon Limeade juice easily into homemade popsicles!
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez