If you’ve never had the pleasure of trying Elote (Mexican Street Corn), let me strongly suggest you try this Showtime Rotisserie recipe!
Using your Showtime Rotisserie basket is a fabulous way to cook corn. It roasts fresh, whole ears of corn without making them soggy… leaving the fresh, crisp flavors of summer corn.
- 4 fresh ears of corn
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup softened, salted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Few pinches fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Lime wedges for serving
- Shuck ears of corn, brush with olive oil on all sides. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place corn into Rotisserie Basket and roast for 20 mins.
- While corn is cooking, make sauce. Mix together mayonnaise and softened butter. Stir until lumps are gone.
- Add in garlic powder, chili powder, lime juice, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- When corn is cooked, brush all sides of each ear with sauce. A couple of layers is fine.
- Coat with queso fresco and serve with extra lime wedges.
Tip: If you like your corn more caramelized, use the ‘Sear’ function on your Rotisserie for 10 minutes each side instead of roasting and rotating.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez
Watch the Video: