The Ronco Ready Grill is a fantastic way to cook fish! If you haven’t seen the Ready Grill or used one before, let me explain it a bit. The Ready Grill is an indoor, smokeless vertical grill. It works much like an expensive restaurant double broiler… quickly cooking your food evenly on both sides while the vertical orientation allows any excess fat and grease to drip off into the drip pan, instead of reabsorbing the grease while it cooks. If you have used one of those counter top indoor grills that looks like a panini press, you know how convenient they can be. However, the pressure that style of grill puts on your food squeezes out the natural juices… which means lots of the moisture and flavor. The Ready Grill is much friendlier to your food, gently holding the food in place while cooking it perfectly… without the weight of the machine pressing out all the juices. Try the Ready Grill for all kinds of meat, seafood, fruits and vegetables.
We used our Ready Grill for this week’s Fish Friday recipe featuring Tequila Lime Fish Tacos.
Tequila Lime Fish Tacos
Prep: 8 minutes Cook: 12-15 minutes Serves: 4 Marinate: 30 minutes- 3 hours
- 4 fillets skinned Mahi Mahi ¾ to 1 inch thick
- 1/2-cup lime juice
- 1/4-cup tequila
- 1/4-cup olive oil
- 1/2-teaspoons agave syrup/ or honey if agave is not available
- 1/2-teaspoons coarse salt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos (optional) One minced, one sliced (leave seeds for more heat- remove for medium heat)
- 1-tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1-tablespoon chili powder
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Prepare marinade by combining; lime juice, tequila, olive oil, agave syrup/ or honey, coarse salt, garlic clove, minced Jalapeno (optional)
- Marinate Mahi Mahi in a glass casserole dish covered by marinade for at least 30 minutes or for up to 3 hours
- Preheat Ready Grill for about 3 minutes
- Remove Mahi Mahi from marinade season both sides of the fish with evenly distributed lemon pepper and chili powder. Layer Mahi Mahi with sliced jalapeno if desired.
- Grill Mahi Mahi for 12-15 minutes in Ronco Ready Grill.
- Assemble tacos by evenly distributing Mahi Mahi onto the 8 tortillas, add equal amounts of prepared coleslaw, sliced avocado, and fresh cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.
Interested in the Ready Grill? Pick one up at Ronco.com today and enjoy free shipping on us. Just enter the code FREESHIP at check out and get grilling.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez