A nice brunch turns any weekend into a holiday. Enjoying good food and lounging with family and friends into the late afternoon is such a treat… but if you’re the one hosting, you can use all the kitchen help you can get. I wanted to share one of my favorite one-pan brunch ideas made quickly and easily using our new Veg-O-Matic Deluxe.
If you’re familiar with Ronco products, you may remember our original Veg-o-Matic from the 70’s or 80’s. The Veg-o-Matic Deluxe is just as fantastic as the original, only now it has a convenient catch container to hold your food… plus additional cutting blades for more variety. The Veg-o-Matic Deluxe takes a fraction of the time compared to chopping with a knife, which cuts way down on prep time. And, it offers uniformly cut fruits and veggies.
This Spanish Patatas, Huevos & Chorizo Baked Breakfast recipe combines the classic flavors and traditional ingredients of Spain to make a brunch main dish that feeds up to 12.
Spanish Patatas, Chorizo & Huevos
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds small Dutch yellow potatoes, washed
- 3 mixed color sweet peppers, washed and cut into ½ seeded
- 2 small sweet onions, peeled cut into 3 circles
- 6-8 garlic cloves, chopped finely with Veg-o-Matic dicing blade
- 1 15 oz. seedless peeled tomato
- 1 pound cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 6.5 oz. jar of romesco sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 12 oz. jar piquillo peppers, whole
- 10-12 medium eggs
- 2-3 ounces of Manchego cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Using the Veg-0-Matic Deluxe with the small slicing blade in place, slice potatoes, onions and peppers. Using the Veg-O-Matic Deluxe, this chopping prep work took me 45 seconds! Add to large mixing bowl
3. Change blade and pusher to dicing blade and pusher to dice garlic. Add to bowl
4. Stir in tomatoes, sliced chorizo, green onions, parsley, romesco sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
5. Place potato mixture into large roasting pan, about 13×16
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes until potatoes are knife tender.
7. Carefully remove pan from oven and equally space out piquillo peppers around bake. Gently press piquillo pepper down to form a “cup” to hold egg.
7. Top each piquillo pepper with a freshly cracked egg.
8. Return to oven, Bake for additional 10-15 minutes, or until desired doneness of eggs.
9. Remove from oven and top with grated manchego cheese and serve warm.
Tips- this recipe calls for several specialty items usually found at a gourmet grocery store, Amazon.com or follow the links we have attached for more information of the ingredients from Spain and to purchase at Tienda.com
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez