Poaching is a fantastic way to cook a nice piece of fish; the heating method of poaching ensures that you end up with a moist, delicate and delicious dinner. However, poaching tends to be intimidating to some home cooks. That’s why I wanted to share this simple recipe for Orange Poached Salmon with Grilled Fennel using the Ronco Ready Grill and the Ready Grill Steamer Basket. The steamer basket is the perfect way to steam or poach food on top of your Ready Grill, allowing you to both grill and poach or steam at the same time. Why not try poaching fish for Fish Friday?
Orange Poached Salmon with Grilled Fennel
Prep: 5-6 minutes Cook: 18 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 center cut pieces of fresh salmon 4-6 ounces
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 fresh fennel whole fennels, bulb and stalk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash fennel and slice in half lengthwise. Trim off the top leaves and mince leaves for sauce.
- Brush fennel with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and place in Ready Grill.
- Set Salmon fillets in steamer basket without the black Steamer Tray insert. Pour in chicken stock and orange juice. Top Salmon with the minced fennel leaves sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with butter.
- Place filled Steamer Basket on top of Ready Grill and set timer for 16-18 minutes.
- Serve poached salmon in bowl with grilled fennel and broth.
This delicate recipe is also low is calories at under 350 calories per serving!
Find this recipe and other great steamer recipes in our Cooking Full Steam cookbook.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez