As many abstain from red meat during this lent, please join us every Friday this Lenten season for a new recipe featuring….drum roll please…FISH! Whether you are Catholic or not, fish is always a great healthy choice for dinner. Fish is an abundant source of protein and typically boasts fewer calories than beef or even chicken. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and vitamin D and B2 and its full of healthy minerals such as iron and magnesium. Fish is also known for preventing a long list of diseases. With all of these amazing health benefits, why not try fish tonight?
In this weeks recipe, I wanted to share a recipe that was a customer favorite at my Gulf Coast restaurant, Pistachio Crusted Grouper.
Crusting the fish in pistachios does two things; it creates a crust around the fish that protects it from drying out, and it provides a nice crispy outer texture. Oh, the pistachios also make it delicious… so maybe three things.
When making fish at home nowadays, I love to use my Ronco Ready Grill. Using the Ready Grill to prepare fish eliminates the need to use a lot of extra oil to cook it, and prevents your fish from falling apart while trying to flip it. I make all kinds of fish in the Ready Grill; grouper, salmon, tuna, trout, mahi, halibut, tilapia… and it cooks all of them perfectly.
Pistachio Crusted Grouper
Prep: 5-8 minutes Cook: 16-20 minutes
- 2 6 oz pieces of Fresh Gulf Grouper*
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1cup peeled toasted pistachios
- Salt & pepper to taste
*Buy similar sized grouper fillets so that they cook evenly. Substituting any other similar white fish works quite nicely as well.
- In a food processor process pistachios until they form a flour-like consistency. Place pistachios in a large bowl or plate.
- Dust both pieces of grouper with flour.
- Place the grouper in the ground pistachios and pat fish with pistachios to thoroughly coat fish.It’s okay to use fingers to press pistachios on to fish.
- Place both pieces of grouper onto Ready Grill insert.
- Cook Fish in Ronco Ready Grill for 16-20 minutes
What is your favorite fish recipe? Have your tried to cook it in your Ronco Ready Grill? Fish is probably my favorite protein to cook in the Ronco Ready Grill. It is fast and keeps the fish tender and delicious.
If you have any questions or comments, shoot me an email at Paja@ronco.com.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez