Steaming is one of the healthiest cooking methods there is… as there is no need to add extra calories with oil or butter, and the results are always delicious. This recipe features our Ready Grill and the optional steamer basket… and is a fantastic, complete meal right at around 350 calories in just 3 simple steps.
Prep: 5 minutes Calories per serving 288 Cook: 15-16 minutes Serves: 4
Grilled Fish Ingredients
• 4 tilapia fillets- 6 ounces each- ½ inch in width (or similar white fish)
• Olive oil, spray 4 sec for fish
• salt and pepper to taste
Provençal Sauce Ingredients
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 1 cup peeled dices tomatoes
• 1/2 cup finely diced purple onions
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
• 2 tablespoons capers
• ¼ cup chopped black olives
• 1 Teaspoon lemon Juice
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• ½ Tsp Red pepper Flakes- optional
- In your Ronco Steamer Basket (without steamer insert), combine all ingredients for Provençale sauce: tomato sauce, peeled diced tomatoes, purple onions, garlic, olive oil, Herbs de Provence, capers, black olives, lemon Juice, pepper, red pepper flakes. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Place tilapia fillets into grill basket, spray both sides of fish with olive oil (4 seconds) and season with salt and pepper
- Preheat Ready Grill for 3-4 minutes. Place fish into Ready Grill and place steamer basket filled with sauce on top. Cook fish and sauce for 15-16 minutes until fish is white and flaky and sauce is piping hot.
Check out this and other recipes in our Ready Grill “Cooking Full Steam” cookbook
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez