Why not craft your own holiday cocktail this season? I know I am. I find that using fresh juices really makes the difference and helps kick it up a notch.
This year, I am going set up my Ronco Smart Juicer at the bar and let my guests get creative with their own fresh juice cocktails. By choosing fresh organic fruits, I can steer away from processed sugars and this puts a healthy twist to any celebratory holiday cocktail.
Here are a few of my favorite holiday cocktails to make with fresh juice.
All the measurements for the following homemade cocktail recipes are for one cocktail. However, feel free to juice enough for several cocktails and set the juice aside for your guests. The juice can sit for up to an hour without separating. If it does separate, just give it a stir before mixing your cocktail.
Persimmon Pomegranate Mimosa
For a fun holiday twist on the traditional mimosa, try these Persimmon Pomegranate Mimosas. Have one or two while your turkey is roasting in your Ronco Rotisserie Oven.
(Of course, if you’re a traditionalist, you can always juice fresh oranges in your mimosa. You will be amazed at the difference from store-bought juice.)
- 2 ounces persimmon juice
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- Sparkling wine or champagne
- Garnish with pomegranate kernels
- Remove pomegranate kernels from fruit and put in juicer.
- Cut persimmons into small chunks and juice.
- Combine 2 parts persimmon juice to 1 part pomegranate juice and top off with sparking wine or champagne.
- Garnish with some pomegranate kernels and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: When picking your pomegranates at the store, the heaver they are the more juice they have. Also, be sure to use only ripe persimmons- unripe persimmons can be very bitter.
Apple Moscow Mule
- 2 apples, wedged (Mackintosh, Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, Honey Crisp and Pink Lady apples are all excellent for juicing)
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 piece of ginger, dime size
- 1 ½ ounce of vodka
- 2 ounces ginger soda
- Apple slice to garnish
- Rosemary sprig to garnish
- Juice apples, lemon and ginger.
- Mix juice with vodka and pour over ice in a mule cup if you have one.
- Top with 2 ounces of ginger beer and garnish with an apple slice and rosemary sprig.
Juiced cranberries work perfectly in this classic Cosmopolitan recipe. Use juiced cranberries in your cape cod, sea breeze, or vodka punch as well.
- ¼ ounce fresh cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Orange Liquor
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- Few fresh cranberries- to garnish with
- Sprig of mint- garnish
- Juice cranberries and lime juice
- Combine juice, Orange Liquor, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into martini glass and garnish with a few fresh cranberries and a sprig of mint.
Whatever cocktails you choose to enjoy this holiday season, take the extra time to use your Ronco Smart Juicer to make fresh juice. Your guests and cocktails will thank you.