It’s true… I’m prone to exaggeration, but this homemade rotisserie chicken recipe is seriously the best rotisserie chicken I’ve ever tasted.
It’s very simple to make with your Ronco Rotisserie Oven. The only trick to making this recipe is rubbing the chicken with the Parmesan garlic rub under the skin. This allows the flavors to penetrate both the skin and the meat… and allows for a crispy, evenly browned skin. Rubbing under the skin may seem a bit intimidating at first, but I assure you it’s worth the effort.
Simply follow the recipe below to make a Parmesan garlic rub, then carefully slide your finders under the chicken skin on either end… loosening the skin as much as you can without breaking it. Rub the meat down with Parmesan garlic rub and cook. As the chicken cooks in your Rotisserie, the skin re-adheres to the meat sealing in all those wonderful flavors.
The only thing I would change about this recipe is that I would double it and make 2 chickens instead of just 1.
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 5-7 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together in a small bowl Parmesan, melted butter, parsley, and garlic. Add a pinch or two of freshly grated black pepper to make rub.
- Carefully loosen chicken skin from breast area using your fingers.
- Pat your chicken and the cavity dry, and truss the legs and wings.
- With your fingers, gently loosen skin from meat, sometimes you can loosen skin all the way to the legs.
- With your fingers or small spoon, evenly spread Parmesan garlic rub onto chicken meat under the skin. Save a few spoonfuls to rub the inside of your bird.
- Salt and pepper the chicken skin to taste.
- Cook in your rotisserie for 15 minutes per pound of chicken.
- Let it rest 15 minutes before carving.