Today is National Apple Day! However, just as the doctor said… every day is a good day for apples. Did you know that apples are the most widely grown tree fruit around the world? And how about that there are more than 7,000 varieties of apples?
Apples are so delicious, nutritious and are the perfect fall food. With the holidays around the corner, I wanted to share this easy 15-minute Gluten-Free Apple Crumble recipe.
For all the deliciousness of home-baked apple pie without all the work…try this easy recipe in your Ronco Rotisserie Oven (basket included.)
This recipe serves 8-10 and is a great, quick homemade dessert to serve when you have a gathering. Recently, we had some guests who are strictly gluten-free… so I came up with this dessert to satisfy my ‘pie-craving’ while offering guests a gluten-free option without having to put in too much fuss.
To make this a gluten-free dessert, be sure to purchase gluten-free ice cream, caramel sauce, and ginger snaps. Of course, if that’s not what you’re concerned about, just make this without gluten-free products.
- 4 small to medium Honey Crisp Apples (these guys can get pretty big so choose tennis ball-sized apples)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 16 Gingersnaps (gluten-free)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Jar of gluten-free caramel sauce
- Pecans (about 1 cup)
- Vanilla ice cream (make sure it’s gluten free)
- Slice apples in half and remove core with melon baller. Place Apples onto your Rotisserie basket.
- Lightly spray with Coconut Oil spray. Sprinkle each apple half with equal parts of pumpkin pie spice, and top with a spoonful of brown sugar.
- Cook in your Rotisserie for 15 minutes, or until apples are brown and looking delicious.
- While your apples are cooking, make whipped cream (optional). In a clean, dry bowl add 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream, beat until soft peaks form. Add in ½ cup of confectioners sugar and a pinch of ginger, mix on low to incorporate.
- To serve, crumble 1 ginger snap cookie onto serving plate, top with apple, caramel sauce, ice cream, pecans and gingered whipped cream. Serve warm
Watch the Video: