As most of the country starts to dip into cooler temperatures the thought of hanging out by the grill in jackets and gloves is not so appealing. However with a Ronco Rotisserie Oven, you can have amazing, homemade burgers made in the included rotisserie basket accessory. Would you believe it? Burgers are absolutely one of my favorite things to cook in my rotisserie. They always come out delicious, moist and perfectly browned on the outside with incredible juiciness on the inside. The rotation of the rotisserie continually bastes the burgers which lends to their great flavor and tenderness. Plus the rotisserie basket holds your burgers in place as they rotate, so there’s no need to constantly watch or flip them over a hot stove or grill. Great for all types of burgers; beef, bison, turkey, chicken or vegetarian burgers. I guarantee you’ll love the way they turn out.
The next time you’re craving a hearty burger, try these Italian Rotisserie Burgers. I got my inspiration for the recipe from the famous meatballs at Roa’s Italian restaurant in New York City. Instead of using eggs in their meatballs they use hot water and bread crumbs to make a paste to bind them. Without eggs, these Italian burgers will have a great light and fluffy texture.
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked pepper
- ½ cup marinara
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- In a large mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and hot water. Mix to make paste.
- Add in all other ingredients except for meat, stir to combine.
- Add in ground beef and Italian sausage, mix completely.
- Form four 8-9 ounce burgers. It’s important to make sure your burgers are all the same thickness so they don’t slide around in your rotisserie basket.
- Put the four burgers into your rotisserie basket. Make sure that you close the basket so that your burgers are nice and snug and won’t move around. Place the basket on to rotisserie spit and into the rotisserie.
- Cook burgers in your rotisserie for 25-30 minutes depending on how well you like them done. When done, set aside to rest.
Mozzarella Salad Topping
- 1 cup of mixed color grape tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup baby mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup red onions, finely sliced
- 6-8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cracked black pepper
- Prep salad ingredients and place in a small bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together to make the mozzarella salad.
Build your Burger
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- ¾ cup Mozzarella salad
- 1 cup warm marinara sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Add mozzarella salad to ciabatta rolls and top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place warm burger patties on top of the provolone cheese and top with ¼ cup of warm marinara to top of burgers.
Dig in and enjoy! – Chef Paja
I served my burgers with homemade French Fries that I cut with our new Veg-O-Matic Deluxe (currently available at HSN.com). It’s fun to have perfectly shaped homemade fries. And it took only 20 seconds to julienne 4 large russet potatoes! After they are cut soak in cold water for 5-10 minutes, dry, toss with a little salt and pepper. Then bake or pan fry for quick and easy french fries!