Here’s a tip for a hassle-free dinner for those days when your schedule just gets so busy and dinner time sneaks up on you.
I will buy chicken, fish or steaks in larger quantities and individually pre-season and freeze portions so that on those days that time has run out, I am not stuck with fast food or microwave dinners.
To pre-season and freeze
This is for 4 portions- if you are freezing extra, adjust seasoning amount to correspond to portion amount
• Four 8-9 ounces chicken breasts
• Olive oil spray
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Trim chicken breasts by removing any tendons or fat with a sharp knife. So the chicken breasts are uniform in width, I like to either pound out the chicken breasts or trim off a bit of the thicker end for uniform cooking.
- Spray chicken breast with a 1-2 second spray of olive oil. Season each portion with equal amounts of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Freeze each portion individually in freezer bags until ready to use.
When ready to cook your meal, simply remove desired portion of frozen chicken and grill in preheated Ready Grill for 18-22 minutes.
I added a bag of frozen vegetables in the Ronco steamer basket for a complete meal for 4.
To use the steamer basket for frozen vegetables:
- With the black steamer insert in your Ronco Steamer Basket, pour 1 cup of hot water into basket.
- Top with about 3 cups of frozen vegetables.
- Secure the steamer basket closed and place on top of your Ready Grill and steamer for about 18-22 minutes as well.