PREP: 10 MINUTES • GRILL: 15-18 MINUTES / 3 MINUTES • MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
Work-day lunches will never be the same again. Have leftovers or want to make this ahead of time? Go ahead. This recipe is just as good cold as it is warm. This recipe was made using the Ronco Ready Grill.
• 1 lb. flank steak
• 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
• 1/2 cup canola oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
• 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 bell peppers, different colors
• 1 white onion
• 1 large tomato, quartered
• 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
• 1 pkg coleslaw mix, undressed
1. To make salad dressing, combine rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, canola oil, honey, minced garlic, ginger, black sesame seeds, and black pepper.
2. Brush or spoon a couple of tablespoons of the prepared dressing on the flank steak. Halve bell peppers and remove seeds. Slice onion in 1⁄4-inch slices.
3. Place flank steak, peppers and onions on the Grill Basket. Preheat your Ronco Ready Grill and grill for 15-18 minutes.
4. When done, remove flank steak and let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the tomato in half and grill for 3 minutes.
5. Slice flank steak and peppers into 1⁄4-inch slices. When done, cut the grilled tomato into wedges.
6. Prepare salad by mixing lettuce and coleslaw, top with sliced beef, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Add dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Ready Grill Grilling Cookbook, available on Ronco.com