One of my all-time favorite foods is grilled corn. The sweetness of the corn on the cob with just a touch of char from the grill says summertime to me, but getting the grill going for just corn is quite a commitment. That’s why I wanted to share my trick of using the Ready Grill to grill your corn on the cob. I just stick 4 ears of corn in the Ronco Ready Grill for 15-18 minutes and it gets that delicious caramelization you expect from the outdoor grill while remaining tender and moist.
I also like to use grilled corn in my recipes to add color, flavor and texture. Recipes like; fish tacos, corn bread, corn chowder, dips, quiche, hush puppies, summer salads… you get the idea. One ear of corn in the Ready Grill for your recipes works nicely as well.
Here is a recipe for grilled corn to add some zest to your fiesta.
Mexican Street Grilled Corn on the Cob
• 4 Fresh Ears of Corn
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
• 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder
• 2 ounces of Queso Fresco or Cotija Cheese – (Mexican crumbling Cheeses)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat Ready Grill for 3-4 minutes while cleaning corn.
2. Place the 4 shucked and cleaned corn cobs on the Ready Grill Basket and place into Ready Grill. Set timer for 16 minutes. Check after 16 minutes and add any additional time if you like your corn more charred.
3. Place grilled corn on serving plate squeeze lime and drizzle olive oil on to corn coating all sides. Sprinkle with Chili Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste and crumble cheese on top.
– Chef Paja