It’s Monday Night Football and we have the perfect game day recipe that is easy to make and enjoyable for your friends and family. You can marinate your meat over night and have it ready to go as soon as you get home from work. Even preparing and cutting your vegetables ahead of time will save you time when you are ready to cook!
Crowd-Pleasing Steak & Veggie Kabobs:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound flat-iron steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 small cherry tomatoes
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add beef, turning to coat. Cover or seal bag, and chill 1 hour if cooking the day of or toss it in the fridge in the morning on your way out the door to work.
- Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread and alternate beef and vegetables on kabob rods. Sprinkle kabobs with desired amount of salt and pepper. Please rods onto spit rod and place into your rotisserie.
- Roast beef and vegetables 15-20 minutes or until done. Remove from rotisserie and serve!
Some healthy side dish options:
Roast asparagus or cauliflower in your rotisserie basket or you can even make some quinoa with chopped up veggies in it. Then make a healthy salad to go along side it.