We are kicking off the 2012 Olympics with our foodie passport full of simple, healthy foods to share around the globe. Our first stop on our world food tour is the United Kingdom, they are hosting after all.
A great summer recipe that one of our Fab Foodies had several weeks ago in London was Minted Pea Soup (and it was over the top delicious).
Minted Pea Soup is a great starter to several main holiday dishes or dinner parties with friends. It also goes well with quiche or a salad.
Minted Pea Soup
2 tbsp. butter
1 small onion
2 lbs. frozen peas
5 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (add more to taste)
1/2 cup whole Greek yogurt
fresh ground pepper
- Chop onion and cook with butter and pepper to taste over low heat.
- Add peas with 3 cups chicken stock. Simmer until peas are tender
- Add in mint and remaining 2 stocks
- Remove from heat
- Add in blender to puree the soup in batches
- Whisk in Greek yogurt
- Serve chilled in a bowl with added mint leaves to top