Here’s a tip: slow roasted tomatoes are not to be missed! Roasting tomatoes can be a good way to add a bit extra flavor to not quite in-season tomatoes. The only secret–timing is everything! If you roast the tomatoes for too long; they can become too soft and mushy.
Adding toppings like goat cheese and fresh basil leaves add a pinch of summer flavor that complements the taste of warmed tomatoes.
8-10 medium tomatoes
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- Wash tomatoes, cut out stem, and cut in half lengthwise
- Mix dried basil and oregano with olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl.
- Toss tomatoes in bowl with mixture till well-covered with olive oil and herbs.
- Place tomatoes in rotisserie basket and roast 8-10 minutes or just until tomatoes start to soften.
- Cool 10-15 minutes and the season with black pepper and fresh basil leaves.
Tip: A great summer topping with the basil leaves is to add goat cheese with it! Enjoy!