Superfoods are full of nutrients and offer us many benefits for our health-hence the reason we should all be eating them. Consuming superfoods on a regular basis will help you start noticing a difference in how you feel and also how you look. They help flush out toxins and leave you with a healthy looking glow! Superfoods contain antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes to name a few.
- Eggs-Great way to fill up on protein. You can enjoy them hard boiled or cooked on the stove. They are also one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
- Quinoa-Best whole grains you can eat.It is high in protein and a good source of iron. Quinoa can be eaten alone or mixed with vegetables, lean protein, or nuts. They are packed with multiple nutrients to help you stay healthy.
- Salmon-Known for having omega-3 fatty acid content that protects heart health. Has lots of protein and low in calories. Salmon is also a great source of iron. You can grill or bake it and serve alone or on top of a salad.
- Cacao-High quality superfood seeds used to make cocoa or chocolate. Raw cacao contains vitamin C and makes you feel good & improves your mood.
- Berries-Antioxidants, low in calories, high in water that keep you full longer. Blueberries are the leader of the pack with the best source of antioxidants and are available anywhere. You an add berries to salads, protein shakes, yogurts, and cereals.
We hope you enjoy our list of Superfoods and don’t forget that portion size matters, even when it comes to healthy foods.