What is the latest food craze? After reading several articles and researching what the latest food trends are we have come up with our top 5 list !
- Locally grown produce-this includes local Farmer’s markets or fruits and vegetables grown in your own garden.
- Plant-based diets-yes, this new term in the culinary world makes you wonder if it is for vegetarians or vegans, but it is known as flesh-free eating.
- Matcha-this green tea craze is taking over the world! It is made using full leaves of the plant and is known for being a super food that boosts your metabolism, is stress-relieving, and energizes your day. Matcha comes in a powdered form that you can use in hot or cold water or include in your favorite protein shake.
- Gluten-free/food allergy-conscious items-people are aware of what they put into their bodies. With so many processed foods out there, it is important to know if you have food allergies or should be living a gluten-free lifestyle.
- Healthy Kid’s Meals-this ranges from dehydrated snacks to introducing kids to home grown produce.
Continuing trends in the food world: Comfort food, Farm-to-Table, Food Trailers-most serve fresh, original home-made food on the spot, & locally produced wine and beer.